Sharepoint Search Return No Result Part 2

On antoher sharepoint site that I manage, the search returns NO result for an item that I know exist in the sharepoint DB. A look at the event logs showed the following error:

Access is denied. Check that the Default Content Access Account has access to this content, or add a crawl rule to crawl this content. (0x80041205)

So further research showed this sharepoint post

Needless to say, it also worked for me. Thanks!! I am reproducing the post below:

1.- Since I was using custom host headers for the web sites, I disabled the loopback check (security feature that is designed to help prevent reflection attacks on your computer, included in the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1) by following this article (method 1 worked for me):

You receive error 401.1 when you browse a Web site that uses Integrated Authentication and is hosted on IIS 5.1 or IIS 6

Method 1: Disable the loopback check

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
3. Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
7. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.

2.- After I restarted the server I went to the Sharepoint Admin site and started a full crawl. Some seconds later I went to the crawl log and found a warning this time with the following entry:
Content for this URL is excluded by the server because a no-index attribute.

So I “Reset All Crawled Content” and tried the full crawl again. This time it worked.

I hope this helps some one else.